Whether you're an expert seamstress or just learning how to use your first sewing machine, there are patterns to fit every skill level. You just need to know where to find them.
Patterns for Nearly Everything
The articles in this category offer more than just a simple list of patterns available online. You'll also find the information you need to make your projects turn out just the way you envision them. In addition to great original patterns and links to help you find more patterns on the web, you'll find helpful tips about choosing the right fabric, using special techniques, and picking a project that's right for you.
Some of the pattern topics you'll find include:
- Patterns for Baby - Making clothes for the tiniest preemies is often easier than finding them in stores. You'll also find patterns for useful items like bibs, pacifier holders, and adorable quilts.
- Toy Projects - Sew your own Barbie clothes and accessories, or make stuffed toys, like a sweet teddy bear.
- Household Furnishings - Show your decorating finesse by sewing your own household necessities like pillowcases and curtains.
- Holiday Sewing Projects - Get patterns for Halloween costumes and decorations, and create family heirlooms for Christmas and Easter.
- Fun with Applique - Appliques add an extra dimension to many sewing projects. Download free patterns to use on quilts, clothing and more.
Making Your Sewing Projects a Little Easier
The more information you have about a pattern the easier it is to tackle a project that challenges you. This is a great way to expand your sewing skills, whether you're making a prom gown or a potholder. The pattern articles on LoveToKnow Sewing are presented in a practical style with an easy-to-follow format, perfect for sewers like you.