Choosing the right sewing machine can seem overwhelming. With so many different models and options to choose from, you need the right information to make an informed choice. Let LoveToKnow Sewing teach you what you need to know to pick the perfect sewing machine.
Sewing Machine Brands
One of the biggest challenges to finding the right sewing machine is selecting amongst the many brands. Get in-depth information on brands like:
- Elna: Learn why Elna sewing machines have a loyal following, despite the fact that they don't have as big a name as some of the other brands.
- Bernina: Bernina has been a popular brand of sewing machine for more than a century. Learn what makes it so popular and decide if one is right for you.
- Kenmore: Old Kenmore sewing machines are often valued as antiques. Learn what the most collectible models are, and where to find them.
Types of Sewing Machines
There is a tremendous number of options available for sewing machines, beyond the standard models and functions. Specialty sewing machines offer a wide range of features. Some of these machines include:
- Long-Arm Machines: Long-arm machines are ideal for those who work with large bolts of fabric. Get information on the best models to help choose yours.
- Kid's Sewing Machines: If you have a child in your life who loves to sew, you may be interested in learning more about the various types of kid's machines to help you decide whether or not to purchase one.
- Hand-Held Sewing Machines: Small, hand-held sewing machines can help you make some quick repairs to clothing. Learn about the various models available to find the one that's best for you.
Sew with Confidence
Whether you've been sewing for years or just learning the skills involved, choosing the right sewing machine is one of the most important decisions you will make. Read up on all of the models, brands, and features available to not only choose the perfect machine, but to get the most out of it once you've made your purchase.